Permanent Assistant Headteacher and KS2 Leader Sudbury Suffolk
Assistant Headteacher and KS2 Leader Sudbury Suffolk
Vacancy Details: Assistant Headteacher and KS2 Leader Sudbury Suffolk
- £42,195 – £44,331 pa
- Required from September 2021.
Do you want to further your career in a school whose heart lies with nurturing the whole child? Then look no further than Pot Kiln Primary School. The School has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Headteacher to join their school’s Senior Leadership Team.
The Governors, staff and pupils of this wonderful primary school and nursery in Suffolk, are looking for an inspirational individual to support the leadership of the school as it strives towards the next level of success. This is a KS2 teaching post, with set release time to facilitate the role of Assistant Headteacher.
Situated in Great Cornard, near Sudbury, Pot Kiln Primary is a ‘Good’ school set within extensive grounds, close to the beautiful countryside of Suffolk, and yet close the historic market town of Sudbury.
You will be an outstanding KS2 Teacher, existing or aspiring Assistant Headteacher who has experience of either the KS2 phase or year group leadership within KS2, and who is looking to take the next step in their career towards school leadership.
The school are looking for an individual who:
- has successful experience of teaching KS2
- can contribute significantly to the leadership, management and development of the curriculum delivered to all pupils
- can communicate effectively with parents, carers and guardians about what is happening in the school and can manage social media and the school website effectively
- lead by example in the positive behaviour management system of the school
- be responsible and accountable for securing high levels of pupil achievement across the school together with the senior leadership team
- can support the headteacher in developing, monitoring and evaluating the curriculum throughout the school
- can contribute to strategic and operational decision making in order to establish the vision, ethos and policies of the school
- can monitor the quality of teaching and learning alongside other senior and middle leaders
- can establish good professional relationships to promote development and effective delivery of the curriculum and maximise achievement
- has agreed whole school areas of responsibility, including an aspect of the school improvement plan and the leadership of a curriculum subject.
In return, they can offer you:
- a chance to join this evolving school under the direction of the new Headteacher
- excellent opportunities for personal and professional development
- enthusiastic children who genuinely enjoy coming to school and who love learning
- supportive colleagues who care about your well-being as well as your work ethic!
If you are interested in applying for this position, the school invite you to review the Job Description and Person Specification which contains a wealth of information about this role. They would also invite you to visit the school, subject to appropriate social distancing and Covid-safety measures.
The Headteacher, Laura Jestico, will be happy to provide further information or show interested candidates around the school. To make an appointment for a tour or an informal chat please contact the school office on 01787 372107. Alternatively, you can email the Headteacher, firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also discover a lot about the school by visiting the school website: www.potkiln.net
CVs and/or applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
Subject or Expertise : KS2
Job Start Date: dd/mm/yyyy: 01/09/2021
Closing Date for Applications: dd/mm/yyyy: 03/05/21
School Contact Name and or contact telephone number for this role:: 01787 372107
School Contact email address for this role:: email@example.com
Key Stage please select as appropriate: KS2