Full-Time Associate Data Coach
We are Multiverse, a tech startup on a mission and one of the fastest growing companies in Europe. We’re building an outstanding alternative to university and corporate training, to develop a diverse group of future leaders. Our unique apprenticeships serve as an alternative to the traditional college and university system. Our impact focuses on three primary areas: measuring potential beyond academics to recruit apprentices, delivering world-class job-focused training via applied learning programs, and helping diverse groups of young people build social capital and strong networks through a thriving community both on and offline.
In Europe we are expanding rapidly and already work with over 300 clients including Facebook, Morgan Stanley, KPMG, Kantar, Citi and Microsoft.
2021 is going to be big
As a company we have big plans, to continue our expansion and growth in the U.K., but also launching our programmes in the US. We want to build an iconic company that becomes one of the great European businesses of our generation.
To kick start the year we announced our Series B funding round. At $44 million, it’s the largest venture raise from a UK EdTech company in history. The round, which was led by General Catalyst, also features GV (Google Ventures), and includes Audacious Ventures, Latitude and SemperVirens. Index Ventures and Lightspeed Venture Partners, who contributed to a $16 million Series A investment last year, also participated in the round.
We have also taken a bold step forward by changing our name from WhiteHat to Multiverse. The inspiration for WhiteHat came from computer hacking for good. While we spent four successful years hacking the system, we were only just getting started. Inspired by the theory that there’s an infinite number of alternative universes, our new name, Multiverse, communicates our belief in launching limitless possibilities.
You’ll help define how the world approaches education and careers.
We are looking for a Data Coach to help deliver our 14-18 months data programme, working with both career starters and career builders to develop the next generation of diverse leaders in Data and help close the digital skills gap that exists.
As a Data Coach, you’ll be getting stuck into delivering to your own cohort of apprentices, ensuring they develop into highly successful, data-literate professionals, whilst working with the data coaching team at Multiverse to help iterate and further build the data fellowship programme.
Your role will be a mixture of small group workshops and bootcamps plus one to one sessions, and supporting apprentices across incredibly exciting businesses to become the next generation of data leaders.
Our data coaching team is an incredible mix of industry experts, teachers and academics. We have Data Scientists who’ve worked at Microsoft, Doctors and actual Scientists.
Who are you?
- You have a passion for all things, data analytics and data science.
- You might be a teacher who loves teaching and data and looking for a new challenge.
- You might be finishing up your PhD and have loved being a lab or teaching assistant.
- You might be a Data Scientist/Analyst who has a passion for development or wanting to share your knowledge to the next generation!
- You believe passionately in social mobility and the development of talent.
What’s in it for you?
- Equity. One of our core values is “we are all owners” so we make sure everyone has a piece of the pie.
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays to keep the tank topped up.
- Pension scheme.
- Perkbox benefits, for everything from phone insurance to gym membership.
- Be at the heart of a rapidly accelerating business that the leading Silicon Valley VCs are investing in.
- Learn from the people who grew four different pre-IPO businesses to multi-billion dollar valuations (most recently AppDynamics).
- Be surrounded by smart, driven and ambitious people who dream big, work hard and have fun.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Covid-19 and hiring
As we navigate through this pandemic together, we want to reassure you that keeping candidates and our employees safe is of paramount importance to us. That’s why the entire recruitment process will take place remotely, using phone and video calls (usually zoom). For successful candidates who end up being hired, we always ensure a safe, engaging and (for the time being) a remote onboarding experience. We also take care to make sure all of your equipment will be sent to you by courier, so you are ready for your first day.