Contract Cover Supervisor – St. Albans – Hertfordshire
Cover Supervisor – St. Albans – Hertfordshire
Vacancy details: Cover Supervisor – St. Albans – Hertfordshire
Required from: ASAP
Are you a graduate looking for an opportunity to gain experience in the education sector?
Or an experienced Cover Supervisor looking for a new role?
I am currently looking for two Cover Supervisors to take up a full-time, long-term position for the 20/21 academic year.
The Church of England Secondary School is based in St. Albans and is easily commutable with several public transport links from the surrounding areas.
Based in a modern, purpose-built building, within 15 acres of playingfield, the school provides excellent facilities which include:
- Refurbished laboratories
- Redesigned technical block
- A lecture theatre
- Drama studios
- 25 metre swimming pool
- Purpose built independent learning centre, library and, 6th form centre with devoted study and social areas
- Dedicated classrooms for English, Mathematics, Languages, Humanities, Computer Network and Art rooms
The school is serviced by wifi across the sites and all classrooms are kitted out with computer data projectors, interactive whiteboards and a fibre optic computer link so you can access the internet and file servers.
The school provides exciting and challenging activities which complement the students’ study courses. These include:
- Organised field trips, visits to exhibitions, lectures and theatres, as well as weekend or day visits
- Guest speakers visit the school and workshops are arranged led by visiting specialists.
- The school utilises it’s location by having four services throughout the year in the historic Cathedral.
- There are a variety of clubs and activities which take place at lunchtimes or after school, ranging from sports, music, drama, art, homework, science, and computer clubs.
This is an inclusive and friendly school with high aspirations. The school have well established connections between parents and staff and fosters excellent relationships between students and staff. This is further encouraged by involving the students to set and review their targets, which promotes engagement and a working relationship.
Are you the ideal Cover Supervisor?
As the ideal Cover Supervisor, you will be:
- A graduate with aspirations of progressing a career within the education sector
- Experienced working with young people between 11-18 years of age (key stage 3 – 5).
- Adept in addressing a class of 30 students
- Capable of supporting pupils on a 1:1 basis and adjusting your approach to meet their individual needs
- Confident in your ability to manage the classroom
- Flexible – every day will be different!
What we can do for you…
You will have a dedicated local consultant who has an in depth understanding of the schools in your area, supported by a fantastic team who are here to meet your needs every step of the way.
In times where flexible working is becoming more important to encourage a real work-life balance, 4myschools understand this and are working closely with ‘updatedge’ who provide a fantastic app that allows you to instantly update your own availability directly from your smart phone, which in turn is shared with our office systems. This gives you full flexibility to manage your own weekly calendar and pick up work when you want it.
More about us at 4myschools:
We have been delivering positive social impact from the beginning by reducing the cost of supply to local schools and by paying fairly. We believe that our business has the power to change lives. By joining us you will be making a difference to the schools that we work with and the children that you teach. You will also make a difference on an international level to areas of poverty in the developing world. Every time a school uses 4myschools we give charitable donations for access to education in developing countries.