Contract EAL LSA – Layer de la Haye – Essex
EAL LSA – Layer de la Haye – Essex
Vacancy Details: EAL LSA – Layer de la Haye – Essex
Pay: £350 – £425 per week
We are currently working with a popular Primary School near Layer de la Haye in South Colchester, Essex. We are helping them to recruit a full-time EAL LSA to join their team ASAP.
You will be working with a small group of pupils, providing intervention sessions and helping them with their learning activities in class. The school need an EAL LSA who can provide support whilst they are adapting to the UK School. As the children have joined the school knowing little English, they are experiencing a barrier to communicating with their peers, meaning that they need support settling into their new school.
The school are ideally looking for an EAL LSA who has experience with primary aged children with limited English.
The role is to start ASAP working 5 days a week 8:30am-3:30pm, term time only for the remainder of this academic year.
The school is a friendly, welcoming place and is well liked by our teachers and support staff.
The ideal applicant
- Will have experience of working with children with EAL
- Ideally in a primary school environment (not essential).
- Has the ability to develop strong relationships with pupils and staff.
- Creative, patient, empathic and adaptable
- Ideally a have TA/LSA qualification or equivalent or a graduate (not essential)
- A genuine passion for supporting children is essential
- A DBS or willingness to obtain one (we can do this for you)
What to expect as a EAL LSA with 4myschools:
- Highly competitive rates of pay
- Safeguarding and Prevent training
- Workplace pension
- Excellent opportunity for career progression
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- We can pay you PAYE
- Free onsite parking
- AWR compliant for supply and long-term positions
- Professional and friendly service
- Our industry expertise
- An honest consultative approach
Your EAL LSA responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for delivering high quality support to children on a 1:1 basis
- Supporting the child in the nurture room or outside of the classroom
- Support the class teacher by helping with classroom management
- Provide feedback to the class teacher, SENDCO and other professionals on observations you’ve made about the child’s progress and any areas for development
- Acting as a role model
What you will need to be a EAL LSA:
- Grade 4 (C) or above in both English and Maths at GCSE level
- Previous experience supporting children or working with SEND
- Previous experience leading interventions
- A valid, child workforce, Enhanced DBS (please note you can apply for this via 4myschools if you do not currently have this in place)
- A proactive and can-do attitude with willingness to work within a team
- A positive approach to classroom management helping create a positive learning environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A holistic approach to supporting children’s development
- Committed to providing the best possible support to the children, teachers, schools and families you work with
- Right to work in the UK
4myschools believe that our business has the power to change lives. By joining us you will be making a difference to the schools that we work with and the children that you teach and support. Click here to see what our teachers and support assistants say about us.