Full-Time Head of History Canvey Island Essex
Head of History Canvey Island Essex
TLR 2b £4,681
The Governors at Cornelius Vermuyden are seeking to appoint from September 2019 a hardworking, enthusiastic and passionate individual who has a proven track record of successfully driving pupil attainment in History. The subject is a popular option choice for GCSE and so this is a very important role within the school.
The successful candidate will:-
- Have the opportunity to develop the history curriculum further in order to inspire and motivate pupils to achieve;
- Work alongside the Head of Geography to develop and embed outstanding and innovate classroom practice across the humanities faculty;
- Have the opportunity to lead develop and lead a committed and enthusiastic team with an eagerness to learn;
This is a great opportunity for an individual who has the capacity and drive to make a real difference to the lives of young people.
We can offer:
- Access to a specifically tailored and fully funded CPD package;
- A hardworking and committed history department within a very supportive humanities faculty;
- A childcare voucher scheme;
- A Senior Leadership Team that will allow you to be innovative, proactive and play an active part in our school.
The Cornelius Vermuyden School is an innovative and over-subscribed 11-16 school, situated in 38 acres of ground. The school has a new building which includes state of the art facilities.
The governing body has a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post will be subject to full employment checks, including an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.