Full-Time Intervention Teaching Assistant Hertfordshire
Intervention Teaching Assistant Hertfordshire
Vacancy details: Intervention Teaching Assistant Hertfordshire
Required from: 01/09/20
Are you a graduate looking for a Teaching Assistant position to begin your career in the education sector?
Or an experienced Teaching Assistant who has had responsibility for taking intervention groups?
Are you are now looking for their next career move?
4myschools are recruiting Teaching Assistants for September 2020 to provide 1:1 and small group support in Maths and English.
The positions are becoming available as schools want to ensure that the students understanding and learning has had minimal impact by the school closures.
The main year groups that positions are available for will be:
Primary: Year 2 and Year 6
Secondary: Year 7, Year 10 and Year 11
As a Teaching Assistant you will be working to encourage optimism, awaken their imagination and install the passion for learning. You will need to be patient, have good communication and relationship building skills, and be confident is using your initiative.
Successful applicants will need:
- Grade C or above in maths and English at GCSE level (or equivalent)
- Previous experience as a Teaching Assistant or a degree qualification
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A valid Enhanced DBS
- Eligibility to work in the UK
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the class teacher with classroom and behaviour management
- Helping implement the learning activities set by the teacher
- To provide nurture and support for a range of academic abilities
- Provide a safe and stimulating learning environment for the children to thrive
- Monitor the social and emotional needs of the children
- Lead 1:1 and small group interventions
- Promote and maintain the standards of the school
- Support school procedures
- Help to deliver a high quality of education
What we can do for you…
You will have a dedicated local consultant who has an in depth understanding of the schools in your area, supported by a fantastic team who are here to meet your needs every step of the way.
In times where flexible working is becoming more important to encourage a real work-life balance, 4myschools understand this and are working closely with ‘updatedge’ who provide a fantastic app that allows you to instantly update your own availability directly from your smart phone, which in turn is shared with our office systems. This gives you full flexibility to manage your own weekly calendar and pick up work when you want it.
More about us at 4myschools:
We have been delivering positive social impact from the beginning by reducing the cost of supply to local schools and by paying fairly. We believe that our business has the power to change lives. By joining us you will be making a difference to the schools that we work with and the children that you teach. You will also make a difference on an international level to areas of poverty in the developing world. Every time a school uses 4myschools we give charitable donations for access to education in developing countries.