23 Jan 2023
Maternity Cover KS2 Teacher Edgbaston Birmingham
KS2 Teacher Edgbaston Birmingham
Vacancy Details: KS2 Teacher Edgbaston Birmingham
The Blue Coat School are looking to recruit a first class KS2 Teacher who is willing to build upon their existing teaching skills, ensuring that modern, dynamic teaching methods are fully adopted to give every child the opportunity to achieve their full potential. The successful applicant will be highly organised and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Applications from experienced teachers with QTS are welcomed.
- QTS or equivalent.
- Graduate of a recognised British University or international equivalent. A postgraduate qualification in education would be desirable.
- Commitment to develop as a classroom practitioner. Evidence of recent involvement in relevant professional development would be desirable.
Experience and skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- Outstanding classroom practitioner with proven experience of working successfully as a Key Stage 2 Class Teacher.
- Experience of working in Key Stage 1 would be desirable.
- Ability to complete administrative tasks accurately and to deliver to a deadline.
- Integrated and innovative approach to the use of technology in teaching and administration.
- Sound knowledge of the Key Stage 2 curriculum and national expectations. Knowledge of the Key Stage 1 curriculum would be desirable.
- Sound knowledge of differentiating activities to meet the needs of children in a Key Stage 2 class.
- Good understanding of a variety of learning styles.
- Infectious enthusiasm and passion for teaching.
- A professional manner and appearance.
- Friendly, warm personality with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work cooperatively.
- Clear communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a year group team.
- Sympathy with the Christian ethos and activities of the school.
- Wholehearted commitment to the life of a vibrant school.