Full-Time Lead Mathematics Practitioner Canvey Essex
Lead Mathematics Practitioner Canvey Essex
Vacancy: Lead Mathematics Practitioner Scale L4-L9 (£44,436 – £50,273) – required for Easter 2020
This role is an opportunity for an aspiring senior leader, whose primary purpose will be to deliver consistently good and outstanding lessons across the key stages, in addition to modelling and leading the improvement of teaching skills to raise student achievement and to narrow any gaps between student groups. As an outstanding teacher, they will be expected to improve the quality of teaching within Mathematics.
This role will be based within the Mathematics Department and will see the candidate working closely with the Head of Mathematics to raise standards. It will also involve the candidate working closely with the Senior Leadership Team to develop high quality whole school Teaching and Learning strategies and a curriculum that meets the needs of all students. The use of technology in Mathematics is a particular strength and one that would need to be developed still further.
This is an ideal step to Assistant Headteacher position and will include opportunities for coaching, mentoring, the induction of new teachers, developing and implementing intervention strategies for targeted groups, demonstration of the candidates teaching skills and observation of colleagues as a means to evaluate the impact of their work.
We can offer you:
- The chance to work in a new purpose built, award winning school which is an innovative and forward thinking school, with state of the art facilities and ICT technology;
- A MacBook Pro, Apple TV and interactive whiteboards in every classroom;
- Teaching at KS3 and KS4;
- Effective support for Professional Development in preparation for your next step to senior leadership;
- A friendly and supportive environment;
- The opportunity to work with well-motivated students and supportive parents.
Are you someone who:
- Is a consistently good/outstanding teacher of Mathematics?
- Is able to motivate and inspire students to raise attainment across all ability ranges?
- Able to deliver outstanding teaching and learning and achieve excellent results?
- Has excellent subject knowledge?
- Holds excellent communication skills?
- Has the desire to lead the training of staff to improve the quality of teaching and student outcomes?
The governing body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. They expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post will be subject to full employment checks, including an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Subject or Expertise : Mathematics
Job Start Date: dd/mm/yyyy: 20/04/2020
Closing Date for Applications: dd/mm/yyyy: 03/02/2020
School Contact Name and or contact telephone number for this role:: Adele Beckman
School Contact email address for this role:: email@example.com
Key Stage please select as appropriate: KS4 GCSE, KS3