Part-Time School Housekeeper Wellingborough Northamptonshire
School Housekeeper Wellingborough Northamptonshire
Vacancy Details: School Housekeeper Wellingborough Northamptonshire
Start date: March 2023
Contract type: Term Time plus 2 weeks.
Hours: 20 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 6.00am to 10.00am; Plus a maximum of 4 Saturday compulsory cleaning days per annum.
Salary: £8,533 per annum (based on working full academic year)
Reporting to: Housekeeping Team Leader
Disclosure level: Enhanced
• To carry out and complete cleaning tasks in line with the Schools standards and policies.
• To comply and follow the School’s Health and Safety Rules for Safe Working and Chemical Handling.
• Meet the School’s standards of behaviour and present a professional approach.
• Develop and maintain a good working relationship with staff, Housekeeping Team Leader and fellow employees during their hours of work.
• Ensure correct usage of cleaning chemicals, materials and light equipment.
• Prevent damage to fixtures, fittings, equipment and plant.
• Isolate and report to the Housekeeping Team Leader all defective electrical equipment
• Report all accidents and near misses to your Housekeeping Team Leader.
• Any other duties that the Estates Bursar may reasonably ask of you which are within your capabilities to fulfil.
Revision of Job Description:
There will be a periodic review to ensure that the principal duties have remained as stated above or that any changes have been made in agreement with the incumbent. The duties of the post could vary from time to time as a result of new legislation, changes in technology or policy changes in which case appropriate training may be given to enable the post holder to undertake this new/varied work.
Working at Wellingborough School is hugely rewarding, albeit demanding and busy!
Wellingborough School is a nice place to work. The School community is welcoming; there is mutual respect between pupils and staff; parents are engaged and supportive. These are some of the cultural reasons to want to work at Wellingborough School, but there are a range of other benefits. The School has recently reviewed its appraisal system so that all staff can benefit from professional development, both internal and external. Staff input into INSET is encouraged, and the School is a member of the East Midlands Group of independent schools, which provides opportunities for collaboration and discussion. All new staff profit from an induction programme that is tailored to their individual needs. There is free onsite car parking and use of the School’s sports facilities. All staff have lunch and refreshments provided.
Northamptonshire and the surrounding area is a nice place to live, with a significant amount of countryside. Road links are excellent, enabling travel in all directions, and the area is served by two railway lines into London. St Pancras is only 45 minutes by train from Wellingborough, and Euston is under an hour from Northampton and Milton Keynes
Subject or Expertise : Housekeeper
Job Start Date: dd/mm/yyyy: March 2023
Closing Date for Applications: dd/mm/yyyy: 26th January 2023
School Contact Name and or contact telephone number for this role:: 01933 222427
School Contact email address for this role:: email@example.com