Contract Learning Support Assistant King’s Lynn Norfolk
Learning Support Assistant King’s Lynn Norfolk
4Myschools are recruiting experienced SEMH Learning Support Assistants to work at one of our Special Educational Needs Schools with an immediate start. The school currently serves up to 48 children in key stages 1 and 2. However, it is in an exciting period of expansion and will grow to a key stage 1-4 school for 100 pupils.
Previous experience of working with children who have SEMH (Social, emotional and mental health) is essential, and all other SEND experience is welcome.
The schools aim is that every child has access to the best possible opportunity to gain an education, social and life skills, as well as benefit from non curriculum-based lessons.
What we offer:
- A daily pay rate between £99 – £115
- Flexibility of the days you want to work
- Term time only work
- Workplace pension
- CPD Training
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Working hours of 8am-4pm
What is the Learning Support Assistant role within an SEMH school:
- Working with children with Social, emotional and mental health (SEMH) needs which is a type of special educational needs in which children/young people have severe difficulties in managing their emotions and behaviour. They often show inappropriate responses and feelings to situations.
- As a dedicated Learning Support Assistant for SEMH students you will need to be confident and comfortable in aiding students that are resistant to learning, having experienced a trauma.
- As a Learning Support Assistant, you will be providing invaluable 1:1 support to children within the classroom setting.
- Acting as a role model!
- Delivery of SEN Interventions
What the successfully appointed Learning Support Assistant will have:
- Grade 4 (C) or above in both Maths and English at GCSE level
- Strong behaviour management
- A pro-active and can do attitude with willingness to work in a team
- A positive approach to classroom management helping to create a positive learning environment
- Experience working or volunteering with children in an educational capacity or external organisation such as scout groups etc
- Right to work in the UK
- A valid child workforce enhanced DBS (please note you can apply for this through 4myschools)
4myschools have been delivering positive social impact from the beginning by reducing the cost of supply teachers to local schools and by paying teachers fairly. We believe that our business has the power to change lives. By joining us you will be making a difference to the schools that we work with and the children that you teach. You will also make a difference on an international level to areas of poverty in the developing world. Every time a school uses 4myschools we give charitable donations for access to education in developing countries.
In times where flexible working is becoming more important to encourage a real work-life balance, 4myschools understand this. We work closely with ‘updatedge’ who provide a fantastic app that allows you to instantly update your own availability directly from your smart phone, which in turn is shared with our office systems. This gives you full flexibility to manage your own weekly calendar and pick up work when you want it.