Full-Time SEN Teaching Assistant Year 1 Chelmsford Essex
SEN Teaching Assistant Year 1 Chelmsford Essex
Vacancy Details: SEN Teaching Assistant Year 1 Chelmsford Essex
4myschools are recruiting an experienced Teaching Assistant – to work with a Year 1 child, in one of our really popular schools in Chelmsford. Monday – Friday, term time only £75- £85 per day.
The position is to provide 1:1 support for a Year 1 child with SEN needs. You will become part of a well-established team; following the direction of the experienced class teacher and other support staff you will help the child to engage in the learning activities by rephrasing tasks and helping the child maintain focus on the task at hand.
The position is to work 5 days a week and starts September 2022 – this role is to become permanent for the right person.
If you have a genuine passion for working with children and are a strong team player who is caring and patient, this is the opportunity for you!
What we offer:
- Highly competitive rates of pay
- Workplace pension
- Excellent opportunity for career progression
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
What the LSA will do:
- Responsible for delivering high quality support to children
- Support the class teacher by helping with classroom activities
- Provide class-based support, supporting the child to engage in the learning activities
- Provide feedback to the class teacher, SENDCO and other professionals (where appropriate) on observations you’ve made about the children’s progress and any areas for development
- Acting as a role model
What the successfully appointed LSA will have:
- Grade 4 (C) or above in both English and Maths at GCSE level
- Previous experience supporting children with autism or other SEND needs
- A valid, child workforce, Enhanced DBS (please note you can apply for this via 4myschools if you do not currently have this in place)
- A proactive and can-do attitude with willingness to work within a team
- A positive approach to classroom management helping create a positive learning environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A holistic approach to supporting children’s development
- Committed to providing the best possible support to the children, teachers, schools and families you work with
- Right to work in the UK
4myschools believe that our business has the power to change lives. By joining us you will be making a difference to the schools that we work with and the children that you teach and support. You will have a dedicated local consultant who has an in depth understanding of the schools in your area, supported by a fantastic team who are here to meet your needs every step of the way. We will always treat you as a valued member of the 4myschools team
If you think this is role for you or you have an interest in working in schools then please do get in touch.