Contract SEND Teacher King’s Lynn Norfolk
SEND Teacher King’s Lynn Norfolk
Vacancy: SEND Teacher King’s Lynn Norfolk
Are you a teacher looking to leave mainstream education and make a move into SEND? Or an experienced SEND Teacher looking for a new challenge?
We are seeking primary and secondary teachers to work across a growing SEND school in King’s Lynn. The school currently serves up to 48 children in key stages 1 and 2. However, it is in an exciting period of expansion and we have recently opened its doors to year 7 pupils and in the near future and will grow to a key stage 1-4 school for 100 pupils.
You will be teaching students who have emotional and behavioural difficulties, in small groups. The work is intensive requiring flexibility, sensitivity, patience and resilience. An ability to work with and engage all students with creativity and passion towards the subject is essential.
You will be part of a small but effective team where communication and professionalism is paramount. The work, whilst challenging, is extremely rewarding. Primarily you will be required to teach, produce schemes of work and lesson plans. Building rapport with students/families/carers is key to this role and you will need to liaise with a variety of agencies to problem-solve student issues and barriers to learning.
As a Teacher your main accountabilities will include:
Teaching and learning:
- Creating an inspirational learning environment with high expectations of learner achievement, success and progression, respecting individual differences in culture and background and reflecting this in the environment of the classroom.
- Overseeing and co-ordinating the development of your subject(s) area.
- Planning, producing and updating schemes of work to meet curriculum, inspection, and accreditation requirements, taking into account guidance from the DfE and other regulatory bodies to ensure compliance with all current requirements.
- Preparing and delivering lessons/learning activities to individuals and groups of learners as required by the curriculum/timetable that:
- Are informed by relevant and up to date subject, curriculum and pedagogical knowledge.
- Reflect the wide range of needs of students within your classroom.
- Use a range of teaching and learning strategies and resources in line with the school’s teaching and learning policy adapted to learners’ individual needs.
- Preparing lessons for off-site students for support staff to deliver
- Implementing and maintaining systems for monitoring and evaluating learning activities to ensure they are effective and worthwhile and best practice is maintained.
- Identifying clear teaching objectives, learning outcomes and Individual Education Plans (IEPs)
- Supporting and guiding learners so that they can reflect on their learning, identify the progress they have made and set positive targets for improvement.
- Maintaining a regular system of monitoring, assessment, record-keeping and reporting of student’s progress using targets, tracking and other school systems.
- Providing management information and other statistical data
- Maintaining good order and discipline among the students, safeguarding their wellbeing. Setting high expectations for behaviour and being responsible for behaviour management within your classroom and aiding in behavioural management across the school.
- Building effective and supporting relationships with students and families/carers; embedding that trust and support within the education process. Liaising with outside agencies as appropriate.
- Working as part of a team to ensure effective pastoral support for learners.
- Ensuring the effective use of support staff within the classroom.
- Undertaking relevant administrative tasks associated with the teaching function including examination/accreditation entries for learners, register taking and invigilation.
What we can do for you:
You will have a dedicated local consultant who has an in depth understanding of the schools in your area, supported by a fantastic team who are here to meet your needs every step of the way. 4myschools operates a full out of hours service and our office is open from 7am to 5:30pm.
We will always treat you as a valued member of the 4myschools team. You will have a choice of how you would like to be paid, including our PAYE with no weekly fee’s or employers tax costs passed onto you. We pay fairly and transparently, and wherever possible will pay to scale ensuring that we meet Agency Worker Regulations after 12 weeks with a school. You are paid weekly in arrears, receiving an online payslip with a weekly pay showing your HMRC deductions and holiday pay breakdown.
4myschools also offer training and development opportunities, which you can find out about more on our website: Resources – 4myschools Teacher Recruitment
More about us…
4myschools have been awarded with the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) Audited in Education Gold Recruitment Standard, with a compliance score of 100%, for the 12th consecutive year.
The REC Gold Education Recruitment Standard certifies that 4myschools policies and procedures fully comply with all legal requirements; and has robust background screening and safeguarding to DfE Keeping Children Safe in Education standards.
4myschools have been delivering positive social impact from the beginning by reducing the cost of supply teachers to local schools and by paying teachers fairly. We believe that our business has the power to change lives. By joining us you will be making a difference to the schools that we work with and the children that you teach. You will also make a difference on an international level to areas of poverty in the developing world. Every time a school uses 4myschools we give charitable donations for access to education in developing countries.
In times where flexible working is becoming more important to encourage a real work-life balance, 4myschools understand this. We work closely with ‘updatedge’ who provide a fantastic app that allows you to instantly update your own availability directly from your smart phone, which in turn is shared with our office systems. This gives you full flexibility to manage your own weekly calendar and pick up work when you want it.
4myschools provide free Child Protection, PREVENT and COVID-19 training.