Contract SENDCO Norwich Norfolk
SENDCO Norwich Norfolk
Are you a qualified SENDCO? Do you have a proven track record in improving and leading on SEND& Inclusion?
Can you demonstrate evidence of significant impact in your current role?
Do you have what it takes to drive and deliver a world class education for our pupils?
4myschools are working with a Secondary school in Norwich who are committed to ensuring all students succeed and make the best of the opportunities and experiences available to them. They believe that students engage fully and reach their potential when the environment is caring and orderly, the teaching meaningful and inspirational.
The school are seeking a full time SENDCO for the autumn term. Reporting to the Headteacher in their role as SENDCO, the post-holder’s primary role will be to coordinate SEND and Inclusion provision, overseeing all student and staffing requirements and managing a team of support staff.
- Put provision in place to ensure that the progress of students with SEND improves
- Ensure that the school carries out its statutory responsibilities regarding all students with an Educational Health and Care Plan (EHCP);
- Support all staff in understanding the needs of SEN students and departmental developments of SEN provisions
- Monitor progress towards targets for students with SEN needs
- Analyse and interpret relevant school, local and national data
- Liaise with staff, parents, external agencies, and other schools to coordinate their contribution, provide maximum support and ensure continuity of provision
- Co-ordinate all Annual Reviews and reviews of EHCP and/or PSPs and EHAs where appropriate and attend / chair when necessary
- Attend Year 6 Annual Reviews for primary students with EHCPs to help facilitate continuity and progression through the development of transition programmes
- Line manages all Learning Leads and LSAs
- Exercise a key role in assisting the Headteacher and Trust with the strategic development of SEND policies.
More about us…
4myschools have been awarded with the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) Audited in Education Gold Recruitment Standard, with a compliance score of 100%, for the 12th consecutive year.
The REC Gold Education Recruitment Standard certifies that 4myschools policies and procedures fully comply with all legal requirements; and has robust background screening and safeguarding to DfE Keeping Children Safe in Education standards.
4myschools have been delivering positive social impact from the beginning by reducing the cost of supply teachers to local schools and by paying teachers fairly. We believe that our business has the power to change lives. By joining us you will be making a difference to the schools that we work with and the children that you teach. You will also make a difference on an international level to areas of poverty in the developing world. Every time a school uses 4myschools we give charitable donations for access to education in developing countries.
In times where flexible working is becoming more important to encourage a real work-life balance, 4myschools understand this. We work closely with ‘updatedge’ who provide a fantastic app that allows you to instantly update your own availability directly from your smart phone, which in turn is shared with our office systems. This gives you full flexibility to manage your own weekly calendar and pick up work when you want it.
4myschools provide free Child Protection, PREVENT and COVID-19 training.
4myschools and the school have conducted risk assessments that will be regularly reviewed and made available to the successfully appointed person.
If this sounds like the ideal teaching opportunity for you, please apply now or call 01245 353808 to speak to one of our consultants! We look forward to working with you.