Contract Speech and Language LSA – Great Bromley – Essex
Speech and Language LSA – Great Bromley – Essex
Vacancy Details: Speech and Language LSA – Great Bromley – Essex
Part-, or full-time
Daily Rate: £70 – £85 per day
- Are you an aspiring Speech and Language Therapist?
- Are you looking for a job that will provide you with the stepping stones to achieve your career goals while also making a positive impact on a child?
If you answered yes to both questions then a role as a Speech and Language LSA, supporting children in schools could be for you.
The temporary positions I have available are to support children from 4-11 years old on a one-to-one basis, all of whom have EHCP’s (Educational Health Care Plan) that identify a development area in Speech and Language. This is often a characteristic of other conditions such as ASD or an anxiety disorder.
As the dedicated Speech and Language LSA you will be providing in-class support, helping the child to access the learning and development opportunities, and using the daily routines as a chance to work on their SLCN (Speech Language Communication Needs). You will do this by using strategies such as PECS, Makaton, and Visual Timetables and liaising with other professionals such as SLT’s (Speech and Language Therapists) to further develop these strategies and techniques to benefit the child you are supporting.
What to expect as a Speech and Language LSA with 4myschools:
- Work 8:30am-3:30pm, term time only.
- Competitive pay
- Full-, and part time supply opportunities available
- Advance notice bookings
- AWR compliant for supply and long-term positions
- Professional and friendly service
- Our industry expertise
- An honest consultative approach – Click here to read reviews provided by our teachers and support staff.
As the ideal Speech and Language LSA, you will:
- Hold a qualification related to SLCN
- Grade 9-4 (or A-C) in GCSE Maths and English
- Have knowledge and experience of using communication and development strategies
- Experience supporting children in schools preferred but not essential
- Demonstrate positive behaviour management strategies
- Be flexible and reliable
- Have competencies in building rapport and liaising with the children you teach and fellow professionals you work alongside.
- Have an Enhanced, Child workforce, Disclosure, that is on the update service. This is preferred but not essential as we can help you apply for this
Who are 4myschools?
4myschools is an education recruitment employment business with a forward thinking, supportive team of industry experts, who have been supplying schools with dedicated, outstanding teachers and support staff since the business opened in 2009. We are committed to ‘education’ and give back by make charitable donations both nationally and internationally to support access to education.
4myschools have been awarded with the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) Audited in Education Gold Recruitment Standard!
Subject or Expertise : TA, LSA, Teaching Assistant, Learning Support Assistant, Primary, EYFS, KS1, KS2, SLCN, Speech and Language, makaton, elklan, PECS, Visual timetable
Job Start Date: dd/mm/yyyy: 17/04/2023
Closing Date for Applications: dd/mm/yyyy: 30/04/2023
School Contact Name and or contact telephone number for this role:: Bryony Lopez 01245 353808
School Contact email address for this role:: Bryony.Lopez@4myschools.org