Contract Year 2 LSA Colchester Essex
Year 2 LSA Colchester Essex
Vacancy Details: Year 2 LSA Colchester Essex
Daily Rate: £70 – £85 per day
- Are you an experienced LSA looking for a position in a busy and supportive school?
- Are you experienced working with ASD and using visual resources such as visual timetables and PECS?
- Do you want to work for an ethical business that focuses on supporting teaching and learning within East Anglia?
I am recruiting a Year 2 LSA to provide 1:1 support to a child who is joining the school in Year 2. The child is working just under the target for their age and needs someone to dedicate their time to helping them settle into their new school and class, implement planned learning activities (adjusting them where necessary) and promote positive pupil behaviour.
The child has profound SEND needs and needs support in the areas of learning, behavioural, communication, social, and sensory overload. Due to the needs of this child, the school needs someone who has knowledge and experience of supporting a child with ASD.
As the 1:1 support assistant you will need to establish positive rapport with the child, class, colleagues and parents. You will need to adopt strategies that work with the individual child in order to keep the on task.
As the ideal Year 2 LSA, you will:
- Have experience supporting ASD
- Knowledge of a range of strategies to use
- Experience of using visual communication strategies
- Demonstrate positive behaviour management strategies and knowledge of
- Have competencies in liaising with teachers and other professionals
Who are 4myschools?
- 4myschools have been supplying schools with dedicated, outstanding teachers and support staff since the business opened in 2009.
- We are a forward thinking, supportive team of industry experts
- We believe in working with our candidates. You have complete autonomy of when and where you want to work and how you wish to be paid with PAYE as an option
- We also use a fantastic app called ‘updatedge’ which allows you to update your own availability; receive and apply to job offers instantly; and connect direct to hiring managers – all from your smart phone or desktop.
- We give back! Every time a school uses 4myschools we give charitable donations for access to education. You can find out more about our giving back on our website: 4myschools- Giving Back
- 4myschools have been awarded with the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) Audited in Education Gold Recruitment Standard.
- We received a compliance score of 100%, for the 12th consecutive year.
- The REC Gold Education Recruitment Standard certifies that 4myschools policies and procedures fully comply with all legal requirements.
- We have robust background screening and safeguarding to DfE Keeping Children Safe in Education standards